Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Valve Talks About Lack of Communication Jan 11, 2014, 23:04 Suppa7

qsto wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 05:41:
Suppa7 wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 04:34:
I don't get the hype about half-life 3, Half-life 2 wasn't as good as the original. So many parts of that game dragged so badly.
I think you reminisce HL1 with far too rose-coloured glasses. On A Rail was a convoluted mess and I really shouldn't even have to mention Xen at this point...

Nope. One has to remember when half-life was released. You can't use say call of duty 4 or Mass effect 2 and compare it to half-life because the lessons behind the blending of cinema and games had not yet been learned by the industry. Half-life 1 was a gameplay based game, Half-life 2 proved that valve didn't understand what made half-life 1 good and they tried to go all cinematic but the game was filled with gimmicks (the boat, the buggy, etc). It was a desperate attempt by the developers to hide the fact they didn't know what made half-life 1 fun.

Half-life 2 was a bad sequel all around to half-life 1. I felt compelled to finish half-life despite Xen. Whenever I started HL2 I always would quit during the buggy section or ravenholm because I was bored out of my fucking mind. The pacing in Half-life 2 was just so fucking bad I wanted to stab my eyes out.

I had to force myself to finish Half-life 2 because it was missing the intrinsic push really good games have to finish them.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2014, 23:14.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo