Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 9, 2014, 09:51 Shineyguy

InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 08:10:
I dont see how ATI trying to up the ante by bringing another API to the table so that developers have the option to develop on it is somehow inducive of the sky falling or some such catastrophe??

Do a little research people before throwing feces around. This isnt PhysX, this isnt simply a driver update. Its a whole diferent API which is supposed to circumvent the bloated fuckshow slowass piece of shit which is DirectX.

Sure it might all be a bag of cocks for all we know, but at least the option is on the table and developers can choose to support it or not.

*disclaimer* I own an Nvidia card just in case anyone wants to accuse me of fanboism...

Thing is, there's always been the option to code for OpenGL, which also means that your engine wouldn't be tied to a Windows platform, and would make it easier for a game to be compiled for Linux, or any other number of platforms that support OpenGL (which is almost all).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo