Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

59. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 19:11 HorrorScope

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 10:45:
Jensen wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 02:34:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 02:11:
From what I've read you get vision fatigue from focusing on the screen so close to your eyes, removing the rift can take quite a while to recover normal vision.
You're focusing at infinity, so it doesn't matter how physically close the screen is to your eyes. There can be an issue if you're constantly looking at things that are close to you in the simulated environment, though.

This is the arguement Oculus makes, but I'm not buying it.

Your eyes are focusing on something right in front of your face. Whether that image represents infinity or duckies or bunnies or what not is up to your brain to interpret - it is not going to prevent eye strain to the physical parts of your eye that are focusing on the screen 4" from your eyeball.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Ever look into a view master? I don't recall the strain. We'll see. We all have our list of things this things needs to pass. Probably the reason it isn't being rushed. One shot to do this right.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo