Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 8, 2014, 12:25 Verno

descender wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:26:

Edit: Verno, those are global sales numbers where PS4 is available in something like 2 or 3 times the number of countries The gap is considerably closer in the US and I believe they only passed MS in the last week of the year (while also having an extra week on the market). At the least they could be selling many more, and more likely they should probably be crushing MS right now.

Errr of course they're global sales, why would I post US only sales? It is a total sales comparison. Microsoft cherry picked the markets it thought it would do the best in and so did Sony. Sony is available in more markets and yet still sold out so I don't think Microsoft being in the same number of countries matters or not when they aren't sold out in the 8 or so major markets they chose to launch in.

If Valve accomplishes nothing here but forcing MS and Sony to open their systems up and get rid of software exclusivity... then we are all winners.

That is never, ever going to happen. It erodes too many of the reasons that people buy consoles for in the first place.

Personally I would love to see Valve succeed here and create a niche but I think this approach is too messy and I don't think their controller will win anyone over.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo