Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 22:26 Task

Krovven wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:03:
For me it's Alien and Aliens and then the series was done. Same with Terminator.

I actually like Alien 3. Along with everyone else, when it came out I was disappointed. But I think that has more to everyone's expectations as Aliens was such a good movie (many hated it at the time too because it was nothing like Alien). I've watched it many times over the years, and I enjoy and appreciate it far more now, especially with the extra bits in the Directors Cut. Would have been interesting to see what David Fincher could have done without the meddling of Fox.

Would have also been interesting to see what Alien 4 could have been like if Joss Whedon had directed instead of Jean-Pierre Jeunet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1kkNYNtQXo Joss Whedon on Alien 4. It's not playing for me, but hopefully it'll load for others. Basically, everything was done wrong and was nothing how he envisioned it when he wrote it.

I liked Alien 3 as well. I watched all 3 of those movies in my young days, good stuff. I think Alien 3 just kind of shattered that sense of "but the good person hero is supposed to live" stuff that movies do.

To me it seemed like the nightmare was finally over for Ripley, her entire life was haunted by Xenomorphs that followed her and finally got her too, just like her nightmares, but she made them die with her (or that 'line' of xenomorphs anyways). That whole movie was meant as an appeal to emotion, especially the death of the little girl and hicks. The first time I watched it the ending was definitely a complete surprise to me.

Alien 4 was a supreme mess though, still good affects and the newest "alien suits" were top notch. Joss Whedon is cool and all, but there was weird bits of humor that were out of place "weyland yutani, bought by wal-mart, because that happens in the future, lulz."

I have the whole (new) anthology on blu-ray. Definitely recommend it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo