Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 15:34 Kosumo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:33:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:37:
harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:25:
limit theory looks pretty damn good, especially the futuristic UI.. but i think the guy needs to hire a team so he can get more content thrown in there,

Well, his KS made like $220K. Take out taxes, fees and goodies, and he's left with... 150K or so? And he's already paying a graphics guy, so he's just not going to have the money.

He'll likely release early and do some more updates with the money that comes in from it.

As for the procedural method, I agree that I don't think it's going to lead to something that grips you, but it'll be cool to see and toy around in for awhile.

The thing is that people are banging down his door trying to throw money at him. And he's refusing to take it for some reason. He could do an indie go go campaign or something and easily reap another $200K.

Maybe he thinks it wise to complete the project as planned and release it before going on to a new plan or change one thats already under way.

It's not like he only gets to ever make one game ... if this one is good, he can upscale the next with more funding and what not.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo