Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 15:00 jimnms

Panickd wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 11:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:57:
Obligatory: I liked Fallout 3 better But yeah, when it comes down to it Bethesda is one of the few companies making games I actually enjoyed playing. Lots of time spent in Fallout 3 and NV with tons of mods. Though I gotta say.. the next game by Beth better be 64bit trough and through and not use Gamebryo

Fallout 3 is one of the few games where I've actually had my attention locked to it from beginning to end. It was a great story. New Vegas was good but not great and riddled with annoying bugs that made it pretty obvious that Bethesda didn't make it (Obsidian has a habit of taking their stuff to about 85-90% of the way to perfect and then going, "Meh. Good enough!").

But whatever Bethesda does next I can almost guarantee you they won't be killing off Gamebryo. Even if they take it 64 bit, even if they rewrite a lot of aspects to drag it kicking and screaming into the next generation I am sure they'll be sticking with it (under different names, of course). They're not a burn it to the ground and start over sort of developer. But then very few are.

Funny, I feel like Bethesda games are 85-90% complete (if that much). I love the original Fallout games, and I liked Fallout 3. I thought it was a good story in the Fallout universe, but I felt it was half a assed attempt by someone that never played the originals. Maybe they read a strategy guide of Fallout and thought they could do a good enough job.

The world was beautiful in a post apocalyptic way, but it was little things like the weapons using the wrong ammo and finding fully stocked grocery stores yards away from towns/camps. Seriously, did no one think to go loot that place in 200 years? Ammo was weightless and there was way too much pre-war food, which served no purpose in the game. It did have minor healing properties, but you couldn't walk two feet in the game without tripping over a stimpak. Fallout 3 was a good story in the Fallout universe, but a poorly balanced game.

MeanJim on Steam

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo