Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 14:40 Panickd

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:54:
Panickd wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:48:
Half the time it's downloading updates to games that it's already updated but it doesn't matter because it won't let you play until it's downloaded that update for the umpteenth time!

That's actually not true. It's one of the very few things that Uplay does better than Steam. When there's an update to be downloaded, you can cancel the update, go offline, and play the game and it'll let you. I did that with Black Flag recently when yet another 1.5 GB update of a few skins for MP was released, and it worked fine.

Black Flag isn't really a full on UPlay title though. They've got a proper SP executable and an entirely separate MP executable and none of it is really tied to the UPlay interface (you don't need to drop into the overlay for any of the MP stuff). But I have found UPlay time and again downloading the very same patch for Black Flag again and again (not new content, the same stuff). And I know it got that patch last time because I played it with no problem before. It did the exact same thing for the latest Splinter Cell game until it invisibly decided that it didn't need to do it anymore. And Ubisoft's only "fix" for it has been "delete it and download the whole game again" which didn't fix it for Splinter Cell and I'm sure as hell not deleting Black Flag just to find out it didn't work there either. Playing "offline" works just fine for SP but it doesn't help when you're looking to get the MP going while it's downloading that patch it got yesterday. And god help you if you didn't disable their cloud save service and now want to play offline.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo