Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 08:35 Verno

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 05:41:
The problem is that you can do that already. Build a pc/htpc, get a wireless mouse and keyboard, wireless controller, and still have a fully functional computer. Why use steamOS when its just going to take away options rather then add?

I think the idea is that its effectively a new platform and that it will ideally expand your options later on. There isn't much of an upside to being an early adopter for something like this unless you really fit the niche.

We could really use something like this in my house though, I've built out a really nice HTPC but it gets used for video so much that I rarely get to do emulation or gaming on it so I could use something for the living room. I love building machines and tinkering but as time goes on the idea of a nice prebuilt in a small form factor is very interesting.

I would really like to get my hands on a controller to see what its like but I guess worst case scenario I hate it and plugin a Dual Shock 4 or my old 360 controller.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo