Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 05:41 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 05:37:
El Pit wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 03:27:
This is just my opinion, but plugging a controller into my pc turns my pc into a console. That's what I personally despise: the controller/gamepad. And now even Steam is luring pc gamers into controller usage. No. Keyboard and mouse or bust. Again: this is just my opinion.
The idea is to use these Steam Machines in your living room like they were consoles and access your Steam games, while sitting on the sofa playing on your big screen TV.
Not to replace your gaming PC that has all your peripherals connected.
I don't think you can play every PC game with a controller anyways, and I don't believe the intent with these machines is to phase out the traditional PCs and control methods and replace them with a console like controller.
It is more like having access to your games on as many screens in your home as possible.

I personally think this is awesome. I'd love to sit back on the couch with my kids and play my PC games vs cuddle up in front of my monitor in the office, but that's just me.

The problem is that you can do that already. Build a pc/htpc, get a wireless mouse and keyboard, wireless controller, and still have a fully functional computer. Why use steamOS when its just going to take away options rather then add?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo