Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

66. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 23, 2013, 18:34 goatee21

By the way, if you want to completely eliminate griefing try playing Rust on a pvp OFF server. You will likely quickly find yourself bored as there isn't enough other stuff to do without the player tension. If you think that is a design flaw then again, I'm not sure this type of game is for you. Rust as it stands right now (alpha) is about collecting things to keep you alive and protect yourself from animals, zombies and others. Zombies can one hit kill you if you aren't equipped, same with bears, you can starve to death in about 30 mins from starting a new guy if you don't find something to eat. Once most players are geared up I've found that they leave noobs alone.
Also play using a fricking MIC. Local area chat can do wonders to keep you alive. If you run into someone in the forest try saying friendly outloud, say hey when you run passed someone, drop some meat, toss out some resources, randomly give a guy a tool.
We had some guys come knocking in our door in rust demanding our blood. I (in my best grandmother voice) told them that we were busy baking cookies and they would have to come back in the morning. We put some blood outside in a bag and hoped that would suffice. It didn't. They gave us time like they said, came back, and blew our base open and took all our stuff.
We were griefed? No we laughed our BUTTS off and it was another awesome pvp moment.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2013, 19:02.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo