Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 17, 2013, 14:55 Raptor

Some of the opinions here are just impossible to agree with, much less see any reasonable logic in them.

It was the same story with getting Alpha access to ARMA III.
I got in for pennies, played the scenarios, tried maps, did MP and tested the editor - then I moved on to other games in the meantime and suddenly the full game was out.
What I did was basically wait for 50% of discount before getting that discount one year after the full release. (or whenever steam usually does a 50% sale)

That's the logic - whether or not you actually want to log bugs you find (as Gray stated)

Why whine about this model? In early access/alpha you can see whether the game even has potential.

At the same time whenever there's some cool footage shown somewhere people are going "ohhh I wish I could play this already!!"
Well you can play it for a smaller price than the full release, but just not the full content yet. You'll still get the full game eventually.

I just can't get my head around why this concept is so hard to grasp since it's not forced on anyone.

Personally I've lost interest in the SA, doesn't seem like a big upgrade - I got tons of gameplay out of the mod (fantastic experiences actually) and I'm too spoiled by ARMA III to go back to the clunkyness of the previous installments.

Also there's this for ARMA III:
BREAKING POINT
I have it installed, but haven't tried it yet (so don't blame me if it sucks, but forums indicate that it's currently better liked than the SA)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo