Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

79. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 14, 2013, 00:54 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:48:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:31:
I'm more concerned about the negative effects on your vision than motion sickness. Having your eyesight bug out for half an hour after taking them off doesn't sound healthy.
True on that, but the brain is pretty adaptable at things like that. Including reversing your vision, it'll quickly figure out what's wrong and correct it. Even to the point of reorienting the images so it makes sense again. Not so much in those under 18 apparently but adults? No problem. What makes me curious is how well it would work on those of us with brain injuries especially in the occipital lobe. I like the idea, the premise, and all the rest. But things like 3d TV, glasses, and so on don't work properly for me. Either I get blinding headaches, or giant splotches where the image should be but there's nothing.

Sadly, I remember seeing 3D(via polarized glasses) stuff at Disneyland as a kid, and thought it was neat as shit. When I went to Disneyworld last year while I was in FL, I could only see parts of the 3D.

That's because that ain't 3D what they've been selling... it's still a technological scam. Or fake or however you want to call it. Any 3d effect where YOU need to wear glasses is fake and can cause the problems you describe (for most it's just headaches though, and of course, strained eyes.).

There are a few 3D screens that should give you no problem, the nintendo 3ds for example. As that displays real 3D images. The evolution of that is a dynamic parallax barrier that adapts to the position of your eyes so that the 3D effect works from all angles and distances.

This is why I hate 3D in cinemas..... it's not 3D, it's 2 flat images. And 2 flat images does not make something 3D if it isn't adapted to my PERSONAL perspective.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo