Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

76. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 23:18 Frijoles

Jensen wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 22:54:
I found this image that shows a rough approximation of what the 1280*800 LCD looks like inside the devkit. Note the text at the top of the image: "this is how far from the screen you should be"

Yep, that looks about right. Not nearly that dark though (maybe the person who made it didn't have their contrast turned up). If the UI isn't built for the Rift, text can be nearly impossible to read on the dev kit. In HL2 during that first water scene where you swim around while the enemy drops flaming barrels on you, it can be difficult to see much detail on them. There is the screen-door, also, but that kind of vanishes after a while.

Anytime I show someone the Rift, I warn them before hand that the resolution on the dev version is shit. I'm looking forward to buying the HD one, though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo