Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 24, 2013, 03:45 Cutter

Well, Jaxx, this is my point. As a private company they can be getting all kinds of investments - and those investors expect a return. Nothing has to be disclosed. They're not breaking any laws, no one has said they are, but they *may* be at the very least disingenous in claiming where the money is coming from and what the final product will be.

All I've seen so far is that...with the crowdsourcing, yes, you will get some sort of SP campaign that's apparently open-ended. The fine points on MP? Very vague. If I'm misinformed and it's been spelled out in black and white, please correct me. I just haven't heard of or seen anything of the like so far.

So is he accounting for this 10 million or what have you as crowdsourcing? I mean in the very legal sense you could skate on that. But if that's the case - not saying it is - then there are very real fiduciary obligations aren't there?

I'm just saying if he came out with something that spelled everything out, in a very legal and binding sense, about what's coming from where and what it all means then I'd be cool with it and wish him all the luck in the world. When it's vague like this - again, so far as everything I've seen and read - then I begin to question.

Any good company, that's well and truly above board never has any problem spelling out how they're doing it, where the money is coming from, and what the specifics are.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo