Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

67. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 23, 2013, 18:38 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 17:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 10:39:
Just wondering how many people here have played Drakensang 1 or 2? They are pause based, they are actually quite good, I would have prefered TB, but just saying, I think a lot of people looked right past this franchise.

I played them and thought the combat was terrible, mainly due to the pacing. It's technically real-time but the delay between actions is so long that turn-based would have actually been faster. Seriously, when the delay between basic attacks is 3-5 seconds, why even make it real-time?

As for people defending the Infinity Engine, I don't think it was bad. I just think that the combat in PST was bad. I also think that turn-based is better, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

BG's, IWD and NWN goes with the 6 second then pause rule. This seems to go by the same rule. So I don't understand, unless you didn't care for it there. I set a pause each round and to me Draken plays out just like the games I mention.

Now me being a wise pc gamer, I use cheat engine and speed up gameplay by 200%, makes the turn base go faster, as well as traveling.

Now even though I feel TB mops the floor with Pause Base, I still have played them and was able to look pass the messiness.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo