Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Op Ed Nov 23, 2013, 04:46 Krovven

Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 19:46:
Krovven wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:18:
Orogogus wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:11:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 18:00:
I remember the N64 being said to have a weak launch lineup, with Mario 64, Starfox and the likes.

Didn't it launch with just Mario and Pilotwings? Wikipedia suggests Starfox 64 came out like 9 months later.

Yup that is correct. Simon has selective memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Mario 64 was still revolutionary, I may have selective memory, you guys have very selective realtime perception...

The question wasn't whether it had a weak lineup, the question was whether it had Starfox as a launch title, which it didn't. US N64 had a total of 2 games at launch. 1 good game, 1 so-so...but just TWO games. Ouch. US Dreamcast (RIP) had almost 20 games, US PS2 had almost 30. They weren't all good by any stretch, but there was at least a good variety to choose from and some good games in there.

Almost every single console launch has had a relatively weak set of launch titles. It's to be expected. I can find good games in almost every console launch. But it really is subjective.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo