Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Combat Voting Nov 23, 2013, 02:25 saluk

I voted that I am indifferent. Each system has it's positives and negatives, it's clear from the vote that this is a very evenly divided issue Whichever they choose, I'm sure they will balance it and fit it into the rest of the game so it works as well as possible.

In the abstract, I tend to prefer real-time when controlling one unit, and turn-based when controlling a party. So NVN was just fine, you had your henchmen, but you could focus completely on your own character. The new fallouts improved on the original's combat for me - it always felt a lot slower than it should, especially when on my own, waiting for all of the enemies to take their turns. Baldur's gate just gets hectic for me. I don't really like most RTS for the same reason.

But in the particular, for Torment, it's not really about the combat so much. I think the original game was weakened a bit by being shoehorned into the baldur's gate combat engine. It needs to feel exciting and important, but I also expect to be able to avoid a lot of the combat and not be slogging through 100's of tedious dungeons filled with trolls. RTwP or turn-based will be OK.

I kind of think this is why in this case the designers felt they needed to reach out about it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo