Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 21, 2013, 11:56 Wesp5

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 10:52:
Well, ignoring that everything outside the original Portal is well over 5 hours of gameplay...

Yeah, like what? As I already explained I meant singleplayer, because you can't really measure multiplayer. Was Portal 2 much longer? Of course this isn't only Valve's fault because everyone nowadays thinks that singleplayer games beyond 5 hours are too long, maybe besides Bethesda. Just look at the campaigns of Battlefield 4 or Cod Ghosts!

...and ignoring that Nabarcular Drop and Portal have very little in common...

...besides the idea itself which is all the Portal games is about. While...

...The Cake is a Lie, Still Alive, and GladOS...

...are just icing on the cake, without portals there wouldn't have been any of this! I agree with you that Valve is wonderfull in fleshing out existing mods, just look at the TF2 makeover, but what I want is them to quit messing around with one MP mod after the other to finish the HL series! This is what build their fame in the first place and I fear the longer they wait, the higher the chance that HL2:EP3 will be a sad failure when it comes out and people moved on.

Valve is by far the largest PC-centric independent developer...

Sadly, in my opinion they don't concentrate on developing games anymore, rather on becoming the biggest PC-centric publisher everywhere and in the living room, with Steam, SteamWorks, GreenLight, FirstAcess and the SteamBoxes!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo