Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 13, 2013, 20:22 jimnms

InBlack wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 06:52:
jimnms wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 05:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:00:
I did not get this expansion (canceled this preorder as well ) but I still had a 4Gb patch to download last night.
Not sure if they've made some changes to the main game as well?

They did. They fixed some bugs (teleport bug amongst others), made some optimizations (apparently) and I think the changes for the RNG were ported over to the original game as well.

Has there been an official patch notes detailing what was fixed? I never finished the game because it bugged out on me. I was getting conflicting hit chances depending on what I was looking at. The target icons on the bottom of the screen would show one value while when in targeting to take the shot I got another value. At first it was only effecting one particular soldier, then it spread to others and eventually my whole team. At first it was just only showing 1% chance on the icons, but seemed to be showing the correct percentage in targeting mode. Then it started showing two different values, so I had no idea which one was right.

I also had a soldier that was a reward for a mission that was bugged. He was a high ranked sniper, which I gave him squad sight. No matter what, he never had a shot at anything, it was like he was blind and couldn't see them, even when an enemy was in the open right in front of him.

I'll try firing this up this weekend and see if it fixed my game. I really hope I don't have to start over. While I made some regrettable decisions, with it being my first game, I think I was doing good and wanted to play it out.

Squad sight was bugged, but they fixed that in the first patch for the game.

I didn't buy the game on release. This is the first time since I bought it that I've seen a patch for it.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo