Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 10:28 Sho

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:20:
That seems like Swedish or something, not German. And anyway, it should be "Ich bin Berliner!" if you're talking about being a person of Berlin. Otherwise you're saying something completely different. ;)

Nah, "Ich bin Berliner" and "Ich bin ein Berliner" both work equally well for "I'm hailing from Berlin". The former helps avoid ambiguity with the pastry, but frankly no one's ever truly stumped by that in reality.

As for "Ick bin een Berliner", that's an attempt at a phonetic transcription of the regional dialect around these parts (or "Mundart" to use a colorful German word that roughly translates to "way of the mouth"). Most Berliners of my generation don't actually lay it on that thickly anymore tho.

And hey, that's all totally relevant for Shadowrun Returns! I'd love to see the Berlin expansion add some local flair, globalization or not. The first screenshot they showed was of a location seemingly inspired by Berlin's Naturkundemuseum with its standing expo of dinosaur skeletons, that was a nice start.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo