Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 09:38 Fibrocyte

Sho wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 08:34:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 07:54:

Steam is so convenient and non-intrusive that I would hesitate to categorize it with typical DRM. Why must people whine so damn much about nothing?

It's not whining to point out that none of Steam's convenience and non-intrusiveness derive from its DRM features; it'd work just as well if it didn't have them, and it would allow users additional freedoms that I've sometimes desired in practice. I use Steam, I get value out of Steam, but I think it could be even better. Fortunately, it actually has been improving, too.

I think having DRM-free purchase options for games only increases the pressure on Steam to improve, so I think it's a good idea to ask for them for that reason alone. However, I've also sometimes explicitly bought a game from a different vendor than Steam because circumstances required me to have those additional freedoms Steam doesn't offer (for example, concurrent logins).

Having an opinion != whining.

I don't disagree with much of what you said, but still stand by what I said. This was the comment I quoted:

"Sooner you do, the sooner I buy! No more money for Gabe Newell's DRM."

That is whining. He did not state that Steam has value but he wants it to get better.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo