Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 13, 2013, 01:19 Jerykk

NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 13:45:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:29:
NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:44:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 11:40:
Monolith aren't what they once were...

Monolith has made more shit games than good ones even since the very beginning. Their batting average hasn't changed.

That's not really true at all. What shit games have they made? Blood 2 and that LOTR MOBA come to mind. Some might include Gotham City Imposters. How many good games have they made? Blood, Shogo, NOLF, NOLF2, AVP2, FEAR and even FEAR2. They've definitely made more good games than bad.

Condemned, Condemned 2, Gotham City Imposters, Guardians of Middle Earth, Matrix Online, that one crap Tron game, and there was the one with Ice-T. Probably some I'm forgetting. But the shit games were interspersed throughout their life, so I don't think their batting average has changed at all.

Condemned was great. Never played the sequel but I heard it was pretty solid (it also has an 80 average on Metacritic). Tron 2.0 was definitely good. Sanity was decent.

Really, I think your definition of "shit" could use some refinement. The majority of Monolith's work has been at least solid, with some games being great.

The big problem is that WB is just using Monolith to pump out LotR games now, which is a waste of their talents. This new game could very well be decent but I'd much rather see another NOLF or Blood game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo