Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 18:24 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 15:29:
Yes, Beamer, exactly. I want a button saying "press to win". /facepalm

So, it depends on your crew whether you should board those spacecrafts? Okay, my bad, didn't know this. When exactly does the game teach you this? Played almost through and never got that tip/tutorial by the game.

Being an indie game, there's not really a tutorial. I lost my first several games just figuring things out. But once you understand how to manage your ship, what weapons to buy for your strategy (destroy, disable, board & capture, etc.), and which crew races have which abilities, etc., it's really a deep tactical game. I hate 8 bit graphics, but love the game despite them.

Yes, sometimes there are situations about which you can do nothing and thus will lose the game. But many of my losses are learning experiences that improve my gameplay. And there's an inherent challenge to trying to beat the boss ship even if you only could only find ion cannons and heavy lasers instead of pulse lasers and a cloaking device. You always feel an accomplishment winning the game, since winning is not a fait accompli.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo