Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 17:11 Agent.X7

I only worry about LotR stuff because I have seen what suddenly opening the floodgates can do to an IP. Star Wars? Timothy Zahn did an excellent job with the first book series. Of course, he had Lucas watching over his shoulder and a bible of things he could and could not do. After that Lucas pretty much decided he no longer cared enough to oversee any of it and the shit started dribbling out. It's so diluted and most of it is complete hack work.

Sure, PJ took liberties with the movies, but a lot of it is from the appendices of LotR and he just expanded those a bit to make a brilliant set of films. War in the North wasn't bad, but now are we going to start seeing them flail the Middle Earth properties into crap? Check it, this guy died and now he is like a badass ringwraith, but a good guy! Oh FFS, what's next? Darth Vader's...er, Sauron's Apprentice? BARF!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo