Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 16:57 ochentay4

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:05:
Ehh, calm down ochentay. While GFWL is a problem for many (it absolutely breaks your savegame in Dirt2 if you play multiplayer), the achievements are part of Xbox gamercards, and to be locked out of getting a 100% on a game, forever, sucks. And before you start typing about how this is a pc-elitist news site, the big thing people should be looking at is this is how it will be done every time a service dies. I believe Origin will stick around, it's actually a decent interface. But Uplay and the 50 other download services out there won't all survive. And the games on those will have to be converted, likely losing save files, or possibly lost entirely.

While I'm kind of glad GFWL is being killed, multiple games that I love are saddled with it and may not be updated. Red Faction Guerilla is a fantastic game, and while you can play single player and LAN play with a .dll bypass, you can't play it online. And I'm not sure how Iron Brigade will shake out either, which would be a terrible shame.

No matter if it was for the better, it sucks to be working toward a goal and have it taken away with little to no warning. And while I don't understand those that hate steam (those that do, WHY do you hate it? I'm curious. You just say it sucks and don't back that up with WHY), if you buy a game that explicitly doesn't require something you dislike, then it's forced in later...I can see where people could get pissy about that. Think if it went the other way around, eh? Buy a game on steam, and when you're 3/4 thru it, they add GFWL to it and break your savegames.
Yeah I was harsh with that guy, but complaining that G4WL was taken out without prior notice is just dumb. Lost savegames? He was lucky he didnt lost savegames USING G4WL like many other suffered. Who the fuck cares about an inclomplete gamercard for G4WL? Im a gamer and I couldnt care less about Achievements/Trhopies. Who cares for gamesaves for a game which was converted to use the better platform/system? All I say, G4WL is one of the worst ings that happened for PC gamers last years and all news regarding its replacement/removal are great. I still find funny that Windows is the platform of choice for PC gamers and Microsoft keeps on fucking with us with its nonexistent support, crappy games, crappy client, crappy damned app store (Im looking at you Win8!)
Im grateful for Steam (got almost 1000 games!!!), but Im not a PC elitist. Im a gamer. Plain and simple. I have bought and played almost all platforms since I was 2 years, and to this day I possess a PS Vita, 360, PS3 and a Wii, which In my country they cost 6x of the price of US/EU. And I assure you despite many fun hours I had with the 360 I now hate it for many reasons. Microsoft sucks so much I cant believe it. XBone will suck so bad on top of Win8 which is crap (and I say this as a gamer, as a pc consumer and as a IT Network admnistrator). All Microsoft decision seem to be made by someone who wish Microsoft to die, which I for sure dont as competition is always good.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo