Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 16:54 Clever Caviar

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 12:04:
My only gfMFwl concern left is Red Faction:Guerilla. And since its publisher has gone belly up, I'm going to guess that we'll be fucked come next year

the way I see it is this. The *only* reason most of these publishers have any sort of long term strategy and visibility on their catalogue is thanks to online shops, ala Steam, GMG, GOG, Gamersgate etc. To hold their hands in the air and say "well gee, GFWL is coming to an end, let's kill it I guess" isn't an option. Nordic, or whoever, is almost certainly looking into it because why the hell would they not want to: sell it, use it to encourage you to buy the next franchise addition, throw it in free because you bought the next franchise addition, etc.

Catalogue, on its own, may not be some big selling draw (for various reasons, we can bore ourselves silly if the thread goes that way), but it is powerful for publishers to use to augment campaigns on new material. Take BioShock: how many "buy Infinite, get 1+2 for free" did you see? and on other brands also? It's trivially easy for publishers to put together these kinds of packs, *if*, the software works well enough to be sellable.

I'll be curious to see which publishers are actually dumb enough to let their catalogue/future marketing opportunities go to waste.

::
Rockstar made $1 billion in 3 days with GTAV, yet they can't find the budget to port RDR to PC.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo