Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: DIRT 3 Leaving GFWL in the Dirt Nov 12, 2013, 14:46 ochentay4

TheWeaponeer wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 14:23:
As one of the few long-term GFWL players, I figured this would be coming soon enough. Thanks to Codemasters (and Capcom as well with their titles) for giving me a timeframe to plan around rather than pulling a dick move like what Warner Brothers and 2K did; simply switching everything over with no stated timeframe of doing so. Nope, no official announcements like this - they just switched them over and THEN posted an announcement about the actual change over. You have no idea how badly that screwed me and my game library up. I lost all of my Batman save data (from my retail copies of Arkham Asylum, AA GOTY, Arkham City, and AC GOTY - yup, all FOUR of them), and I was furious for days because of that. I was slowly working my way through AC GOTY under GFWL and now that is gone.

Because of that, neither 2K or WB gets upfront money from me anymore. EVER. Either 75%+ off MSRP through "servies" or USED from Gamestop. I can understand doing it for Steam - but killing my retail copies was completely unfair to me and others like me. Remember, GFWL titles are part of my Gamer Card history on the 360 and now I can not access some of my titles to work on that because of this. That IS a bad thing.

And before anyone says this was the best way, I got two words for you - TOY SOLIDERS. That is the one game on Steam that did this issue right. As for From and Dark Souls, I hope they are more like Capcom and Codemasters in this case than Warner Brothers and 2K.

/rant comment - I know, I KNOW, most people won't care about this and how it affects me, Steam rules blah blah blah, so spare me your keystrokes and smarky replies concering that. My copies are retail discs, and like you guys who will not touch anything non-Steam, I should have a right to play a game under whatever "service" I chose to support a game under. Let it now be known that a situtation like this does do damage to legitimate game owners and users - especially those who like retail copies over "services". There are gamers out there who really do not like Steam (we are few but we DO exist - Valve as a company leaves a lot to be desired), and these change overs seem to cater more to people waiting to buy the games for pennies on the dollar on sale more than those who went out and bought the games new when it mattered to their bottom line. I know exactly the kind of response I will probably receive to this post; but understand one day this might happen to each and every one of you too... pray that it never does. /end rant comment
You couldnt be more stupid. You should really thank WB and 2K for removing this piece of crap software the fastest they could. It was garbage from the beggining. Also, we all Blues users knew about it before it was available. Go cry a river.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo