Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 09:56 dj LiTh

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:51:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 09:50:
At the moment everyone who bought it from GMG is having trouble with it launching the expansion, rather it downloads the 4gb patch and just launches the old EU. Steam forums not happy campers at the moment. From what i've read it works for some and not for others, but it doesnt work for anyone who bought outside of steam and especially GMG customers.
I did see gmg posted something on twitter this morning regarding this.
Edit here it is:
XCOM: Enemy Within - Download Issue 12th Nov. 2013 *Updated*
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about this. We are aware of a download issue for XCOM: Enemy Within that some customers are experiencing and we are in contact with 2K regarding this issue. Unfortunately we can't provide an ETA for a resolution as this is outside of our control, but will update customers as soon as we have more information.

We thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
GMG

*UPDATE* 12th November 2013 14:51

We now believe this issue to be resolved. We would advise that you restart Steam before attempting to download again. If you continue to have issues with the download, please let us know by contacting Customer Support.
Again, we thank you for your patience while this was resolved.
Thanks,
GMG Team.

Ya, i think they litterally just fixed it as i posted. I just tried validating my files cache and it failed (passed the last 3 times i tried it in the last hour). So looks like now its downloading 7gb more of data....yay!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo