Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 4, 2013, 18:35 eRe4s3r

Bucky wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 16:46:
nin wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 14:55:
Same here. I guess I'll just wait for it to drop to $20, for the SP portion.

Listen, for the single player, it's not even worth that. It's horrible. The story makes no sense, and the characters even less. Irish is so badly written it made me want to scream. Half of the game was scripted events or listening to people talk, and in both cases you have no control. The last 'mission' is one single firefight, and then you can sleepwalk your way through the rest (see the previous sentence). Actually, I was reading a book while I did it the second and third times for the weapon unlocks.

As for difficulty, there isn't any. Set it to hard, grab yourself a semi-auto sniper rifle, and waltz your way through the game.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could think the single player is good. Maybe it's just the years of Battlefield and CoD giving us such horrendous single player experiences that people have forgotten what good single player is.

Just wanna throw this in, but yeah.. FULL ACK.

That story is the worst piece of crap I ever experienced in a "modern shooter" so far. If you thought MW 2 was incoherent try Battlefield 4. Half the time I have no fucking clue where I even am. Who the people are that I talk to or what they are doing there. (kinda like buying groceries)

I finished the game (was longer than 4 hours though, thanks to a save corruption issue in second last map) and I have absolutely 0 clue what even happened. Doesn't happen often to me in a game, but Battlefield 4 is the second game I ever played that left me going "WTF" the entire game. And not the good kind of wtf.

Ps.: I too find the boats to be WAY stronger than they should be. A group of them 1 with AA, 1 with TV can dominate an entire map. And only some serious chopper action can take them down (laser guided missiles with at least 1 engineer supporting you from the side banks)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo