Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 17:55 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:39:
KS wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:33:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:05:
These are the same idiots that said a console controller is the only and best way to play an FPS.

They're nothing but trollbait.

One developer kept PC and console players from mixing on the same server -- not for technical reasons, but because PC players destroyed the console players.

Those clumsy console controllers are just hideous compared to keyboard and mouse. Learned that the hard way with Max Payne way back when. Had both versions, no comparison.

Playing twitch games on a console is like assembling a ship in a bottle using long, thin tools.

This. I've always had my hate-speech ready when talking about consoles and their controllers. Then my wife bought me a PS3 for my bday so she could chill on the couch watching while I was gaming. Since then, I hate and appreciate consoles more. It's a real paradox: I've realized that playing games on a console is even worse than I thought, but I also realized that it's SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY. You don't play console games for the immersion (I NEVER leave my livingroom); it's much more arcadey.

I watched my sister's man play Modern Warfare on his PS3. He's considered pretty pro. What I saw.. was horrible. I honestly think I would've won that match with zero deaths and all the kills if I had somehow dropped in there playing on my PC with kb/m.

Consoles really are worse than PC's in every way. I realize this now, it's more clear than ever. Ppl who prefer consoles over PC's just can't be arsed building a sweet gaming PC and invest in it, and/or just have no fucking clue what they're missing out on. True story.

Like you said, it's a different beast. I watched the NYC Marathon, and man, I could have won it in a fraction of the time if I somehow dropped in there with my car.

Part of what people like about competitive play on consoles is that it's just easy and it's mostly uniform. A better TV will help, and headphones will help, but by and large everyone is playing with the same setup. It may be a lesser setup, but everyone has the same disadvantages (as opposed to back when I used to play that voxel-based sniper game, I think it was a Delta Force game. Old reference, but my friends had to use binoculars to look for something to kill. On my much better PC, I just looked for wiggling pixels.)

Anyway, as for why Destiny over Borderlands, frankly I haven't followed this game at all but Borderlands had some of the worst vehicles I've ever used in a game. Likely an unpopular opinion here, but Halo has probably the best I've used. The Warthog is pure joy, and the other vehicles are also a lot of fun.
That's a reason I'd be interested in Destiny.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo