Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 17:11 Parias

Quinn wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:39:
You don't play console games for the immersion (I NEVER leave my livingroom); it's much more arcadey.

I do. There are plenty of singleplayer / story-oriented console games to get immersed in which I have no problem counting up right alongside some of my favorite PC titles.

Although I also just hook my consoles into my computer monitor and play everything right off of my PC desk anyways. I also tend to stick to singleplayer stuff and never really bother with competitive multiplayer gaming.

But speaking as someone who plays on PC as well as all the major consoles, I can confidently say that it is indeed very possible to become immersed in console games. Not all of them are rubbish. And I've never had an issue with the controls for games built around them - I agree that trying to play something like Max Payne on a console would be a terrible experience, but other games like Halo are designed around it and work fine for me. If a game is multiplatform, I'll get it on PC every time - but there are numerous console-exclusive games out there which really aren't that bad.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo