Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 15:35 jdreyer

Topevoli wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:56:
"We realize our game is not good enough to warrant a $60 price tag on the PC because the variety, quality and price of the competition means we will never be profitable. Console games sell and retain their $60 price for almost their entire lifespan, even if its terrible. So we choose to play it safe"

Fixed.

I think ports to the PC are still going to be an issue. "Next Gen" still can't match "current Gen" PC's in terms of graphical power. Just like this generation, to make a PC game really stick out will require a significant effort. If they try to release the same game on all three systems the PC version will look mediocre compared to the PC exclusives released at the same time and will be ignored as "just another port".

Well, don't forget that console games run at 900P or 720P then get upscaled. When you run your console game on PC at 2560x1440, you're running it at 3x or 4x the resolution of a console, so you need the extra power for that at least. Then if they throw in some extra goodies like hires textures, DX 11 effects, or PhysX, you'll need extra power for that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo