Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2013, 19:14 HorrorScope

If America was righteous they would do an honest review of this program. Nothing less, nothing more. I'm even ok with the final word from the gov't being. "Whatever you do digitally around the globe is considered public record. So don't be surprised if it is recorded and used for surveillance". At least that puts the whole thing to bed, we then know where our privacies lie and that would not be online in any manner. However it could also be looked at and trimmed back a lot, which if that actually were to happen, would be a better thing.

To Dreyer who mentioned Snowden's position. It is a catch 22. I don't think there was ever supposed to be a part of gov't truly above the law, so a whistle-blower can in fact happen in such places and be allowed. Whistle-blowers in the past have brought down presidents legally. If the program is just is can handle scrutiny. That is why putting so much under top secret/national security is a device to allow those to become above the law. Catch 22's all over the place here, which breeds corruption, everyone knows this. That can't really be considered right. They then just manufacture lies to justify their existence.

I want to believe my country can handle whistle-blowers and in the end do the right things. This shouldn't topple us, threaten us or the like. It should make us better.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo