Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans Nov 3, 2013, 19:00 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 18:39:

It wasn't a jab - it's factual. If you're wearing these and you get a text message, or your girlfriend asks you a question, or your child comes into the room, you need to pause the game and lift these up. With a regular screen, you just divert your eyes.

The whole purpose of it is that isolation - for immersion.

Also, if those with the dollars were doing this, why isn't Apple, Microsoft, Sony, or Samsung doing this? They certainly have infinitely more money than the Occulus Rift guys do.

Although this is where I think the fanboyism that this product has comes in - any criticism, constructive or otherwise, is met with a ton of defensiveness. Ouya had a similar issue.

To the first part, somehow that will not be an issue on my end. If I get interrupted, I'll pause, push headset up etc. Right now I'm moving my headphones in cases like this. Perhaps this is more a challenge for others, I'm not going to poo poo on a technology over something like this. I'll overcome it with the act of doing next to nothing.

The second arguments is even easier to pick at. The history of mankind shows that smaller companies can routinely out visionairre large conglomerates. This technology is on, people wouldn't be developing for it like crazy if they didn't put it on and became impressed. If they didn't like it, they just would have passed developing on it. The industry isn't going to pull a fast one on us if this thing sucks, my guess is everyone goes in skeptical to a point.

Fanyboyism? How about not being so judgmental on things one hasn't tried yet? Poo Poo'ing is like a old man that just is stuck in his ways, don't we want something new and exciting?

Sports with helmets have always required us to push them up to communicate with others, guess what? We did just that, we never thought, "shit this sucks, even though it's fun while on, we'll have to just scrap it, since we have to push up the helmet to communicate, eat or drink.".

I'm still not necessarily sold on it until I get my try at it, but I'm totally not against it. I'm very open to something new already. I feel that is why most game sites are critical, it's been the same recycled formula for quite a while now and we're just tired and disappointed often. I'm also not going to think on ways to hate it without actually trying it myself. I remember when many thought 3D cards were a gimmick.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo