Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2013, 15:13 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 23:01:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 22:36:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:02:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:56:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:42:

Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights. And Russia isn't exactly a paragon of freedom and human rights.

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

Example of Double Standards in International LAW

United States - Holds Asylum of a known CIA paid terrorist bomber Luis Pasada Carriles. Pasada was recruited by the CIA and BOMBED a cuban airliner, killing 76 innocent people in 1976.

Venezuela - Demands that the U.S. extradite Pasada for trial, but the U.S. refuses.

Venezuela said if Snowden were to reside in their country, they would only hand him over on the grounds that the U.S. hands over a known protected terrorists like Pasada that actually committed a real crime.

Look up history, the CIA and the U.S. government for YEARS subverted South American countries, going as far as installing dictators that went on killing rampages of their citizens. So I'd say the South American countries, at their core now, are highly resilient to illegal espionage by the U.S.

So that should give you a clue why South American countries, in the past, had governments that abused Human Rights.

Do you follow the international news much? All the governments in South America still have human rights abuse going on.

Brazil, while claiming to eradicate wage-slaves, has freed less than 2000 of the millions of them working on sugar plantations. Why? Because POLITICIANS. Police frequently torture people, and nothing is really done about it.

Venezuela? Yeah, a living paradise on earth. Chavez never once violated the human rights guarantees that HIS OWN FUCKING CONSTITUTION GURANTEED THE VENEZUELAN PEOPLE. Oh, wait. Yes he did, every damn day of his rule. Don't forget the awesomeness that is Caracas, a city where you are three times more likely to be murdered than in Cartel run Juarez Mexico. Number 6 in the world for muder rate baby, yeah!

Well that's two down, just 12 more to go until your generalization is correct.

How about instead of your useless sarcasm you give us an example of a wonderful human rights beacon in South America.

I'm not the one making generalizations about an entire continent.

Besides, it depends on your definition of "respects human rights" and the time period. I could probably point to examples in the histories of any country on the globe where they didn't "respect human rights".

But I guess I'll play your game... What about Uruguay since 1984 (30 years)?

No game. No need to be petty. I cannot stand up and proclaim the US is great at human rights. We clearly violate them when it suits us. Most countries do because politics and greed trump human rights every time.

Uruguay, in case you don't know, is big on child labor. We're not talking 10 or 15, we're talking 4 or 6 year olds working in mines with mercury, dynamite, etc. They are making "advancements" slowly, but at the rate they are moving this will continue basically forever. Most kids attend school AND work, but Uruguay plays games with the numbers and says "See? 90% of our children are in school!" Officially you need to be 13 to be employed there, but unofficially they don;t really give a shit.

And you don't need to believe me. You can think I have some agenda or another, whatever. But this information is publicly available and easily obtained from the Internet. News sources, human rights organizations, shit, even government releases.

My point is, it IS a broad generalization. Unfortunately, that generalization happens to be true, whether or not you or I like it.

Besides, it depends on your definition of "respects human rights" and the time period. I could probably point to examples in the histories of any country on the globe where they didn't "respect human rights".

Unfortunately, this is not some random period in history. It is right now and during the last decade.

PS - For those of you looking to "school me" because you think I am ignorant - I was a 4.0 college student all 3 times I went. I have studied history, acting, business, and IT. I know these things about South America because of research I have done during and after a class about modern South America. You can call me ignorant all you like, but you and I both know the truth.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2013, 15:18.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo