Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 11:58 wtf_man

Overon wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 10:00:
Hold on everyone. Hasn't this going online requirement to go offline been like this for years and now they are saying it's not working as intended and you shouldn't have to periodically go online so you can go offline? What?

Correct.

You have to be online in order to switch to offline mode.

After going into offline mode, I run with my Wireless adapter turned off. Whenever I boot the machine... a dialog comes up asking if I want to start in offline mode, and I click yes. An ofline-mode steam icon sits in the tray, and I can launch my steam games.

Around 30 days later, when I boot the machine, the dialog no longer comes up. There is no offline-mode steam icon in the system tray. If I launch a steam game a dialog pops up saying steam is not running. I turn on the wireless adapter, launch steam have it re-launch in offline mode, turn off my wireless adapter, then I have another 30 days.

They are saying that its a bug and offline mode should be indefinite.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo