Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

844. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 16:42 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 15:52:
Thought I had included your previous post before hitting send, it still stands though, I hate the double standard that it's ok and even excused to be an unproductive member of society just because, COLOR!

No one is "excusing" anyone for being unproductive. But many people who are unproductive need a little help to become productive - it seems to me that it would be more helpful enacting programs to do just that rather than getting mad at them (or one particular group of them as you seem to be), browbeating them, abandoning them, or disregarding them. And again, poverty isn't a 'color' issue. If race seems to be at the forefront of things like violence and poverty I say you can thank the media. If it riles everyone up about race it gets more people watching their news - it's good business to have separate groups at odds. It gets people emotional and escaltes the "war" that they are all to ready to report on, and the process continues.

Explain to me then why we don't get mass media attention when 5 black teens kill a WW2 vet in his 80's for a whopping 20 bucks? Explain to me why we don't get mass media coverage when 4 blacks torture, rape, mutilate and kill a white couple in Tennessee? Or when they kill a white baseball player because "they were bored?" where's the mass outrage? If you for one minute tell me there's not a bias to not report massive crimes like that based on skin color, while proclaiming African Americans only as victims, like the Jessie Jacksons, and Al Sharptons of the world do on a daily basis, then you're either 1, an out right liar, or 2. You feel so guilty because slavery happened then I don't know what to tell you.

But saying all that makes me a racist obviously, because I don't think ANYONE should get special treatment based on color, and I'm a racist because I think you should be capable of being a productive member of society regardless of color. That's what racism is in America these days. It's sickening much like political correctness is sickening.

Beamer wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 15:42:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 13:54:

As to where it's going? Out in the street more than likely, we certainly haven't cut any sort of serious spending at any level of government now have we? But no, I'm sure you'll come back and explain to us all that it's the CEO's, and big evil business.

It in the street?
Ok, so you don't know what total personal income is. That's fine, though I wish you'd Google it before you'd respond. I'll do it for you. Per the United States' Bureau of Economic Analysis, total personal income is is the sum of compensation of employees (received), supplements to wages and salaries, proprietors' income with inventory valuation adjustment (IVA) and capital consumption adjustment (CCAdj), rental income of persons with CCAdj, personal income receipts on assets, and personal current transfer receipts, less contributions for government social insurance.
In other words, total personal income is the total amount of money that US citizens earn in some capacity. I'd prefer the total private income, as it strips out all that government stuff, but I can't find that anywhere.

So, to recap:
- the amount of money US citizens earn, as a whole, has risen drastically. It's gone up 57% since 2000, which I think we'd all agree far outstrips inflation
- the taxation level has actually decreased, from about 21% to 20%
- the US labor force has fallen percentagewise from ~66% to 63%, but since the country is larger it's actually gone up about 10 million people
- by your own admission, wages have not increased

Given all this, your answer to where that massive jump in personal income went is... to the street? That doesn't make any money. Significantly more US money has been earned, taxation has decreased marginally, and the amount of people working has increased marginally.
So if that money isn't going to the middle class wages, and isn't going to the poor wages, where is it going?

"The street" is as logical an answer to that question as "blue."
Also, SHUT UP about government spending when asked about this. We're talking solely money citizens earn. Government spending is not part of this conversation. You keep trying to bring it back there because you do not understand what we are talking about.

This is why I keep telling you you're illogical when talking about the economy, you cannot just pick and choose what factors affect an economy to suit your bias, you either talk about EVERYTHING that encompasses an economy, or you shut the fuck up.

Who do you think buys the products or services that corporations make & provide that contribute to an economy? The poor? Only other 1%'ers? Just the middle class? No EVERYONE but especially the middle class.

How do you think government spending affects investments, that then affects job growth and growth in general? Oh whats that? Government spending doesn't matter? Just taxes matter?

This is why I hate even bringing up economy with you, because you clearly have no fucking idea how the economy actually works, or just how many factors tie into it. You just repeat over and over the same flawed liberal class warfare bullshit talking points that no matter how many times you say it, it won't ever be reality.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo