Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 30, 2013, 08:41 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 07:30:
No I got exactly what you said, you said the market isn't big enough MUH 5 MILLION SALES! I disagree, posted reasons why and here you are still tossing out personal attacks in a reply rather than having a rational discussion. Grow up.

No, actually that's a poor paraphrasing that doesn't include relevant text which just proves my point.

This isn't difficult to understand, EA is a massive company and needs to see certain returns product cycles to continue operation. They set this up as a F2P game in the hopes of ongoing revenue instead of unit sales, not an unreasonable expectation considering how the past several C&C games have sold. Unfortunately they misread the market as the average C&C gamer doesn't want F2P mechanics, particularly since RTS games are so balance dependent.

This sort of game is better off with a mid-tier publisher who can give it a respectable budget, cater to the fans with an attractive product and still achieve profitability. EA is not that company anymore, they are in the blockbuster business and have admitted several times that they need to see major unit sales to continue making games and also want post-release revenue (See Dead Space and Dragon Age II interviews).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo