Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

640. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 16:18 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 16:09:
Prez, he lied, for 3 years over and over, "you'll be able to keep your old plans, prices will be lower!" straight bold faced fucking lies. Healthcare is a huge part of our economy, putting the government as a middle man has total fail written all over it at least in it's current form.

I'll be the first to admit I would prefer a private industry program to a government one almost 100% of the time since government isn't exactly known for efficiency (And as a goverment employee for 9 years I should know). In the case of healthcare, however, things have been spiraling out of control for years now and nothing was being done to fix the problems - why would any entity even try, when there was nothing in it for them? Which, incidentally, is one major fault of capitalism - only monetary considerations will ever push industries to improve without governemnt "encouragement", which unfortunately it has come to for the health care system. If it ends up that ACA is an unpolishable turd then I'll be right there with you, but only to call for something better.

Didn't you say before you lean conservative? You've been awful lenient on this administration if that's the case.

It depends what we are talking about. If you want to discuss how he has no control of what his cabionet members are up to, like idiot Holder and "Fast and Furious", or his hypocricy on bashing Bush for invading privacy when he was a Senator but then taking the program ten times further as President, then I won't have much good to say. But he has done some good things that even conservatives should acknoweldge were they not so focused on trashing him at every turn. He has been tough on terrorism - Bin Laden is room temperature now thanks to his giving the order. He listened to his generals and effectively pursued the war in Afghanistan to make sure the war was won before winding it down. He ended the Iraq debacle (that I have to admit I was for in the beginning before I woke up). I could name other things but hopefully you get the point.

I don't think there's anything that goes on that he hasn't either authorized or known of to begin with. Obama has all the classic symptoms of a narcissist, the idea he didn't know about Fast and Furious, didn't read the briefs on Benghazi (that goes for Clinton too, she should be ashamed of herself "what difference does it make?")

Tough on terroism? dude he loves the muslim brotherhood, spoke of redefining the 67 Israel borders, etc. If anything he more than likely sides with the damn terrorist. Expanded the patriot act after chastising Bush for it, started conflict in Libya without Congressional approval after chastising Bush for starting wars.

Honestly what has he have to show for himself so far a term and a half in? A broken healthcare plan that will likely fail miserably, 18 Trillion in debt, a refusal to even talk about cutting spending never mind do it.

Oooo he gave the ok to go get Bin Laden, let's praise him like he flew the mission himself and also made the kill shot.

Honestly what does he have to show as accomplishments at this point? I don't see many if any at all.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo