Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 14:18 RollinThundr

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 14:01:
Tried to play at release. Game would not launch. Spent most of an hour repairing install and downloading an additional 4.5GB of files.

Once I got in, it was fun. Right now it's all about learning the maps. The flood map (Don't know the name except for the server name it is on my map rotation as MP_Flood) is confusing as hell the first time through. The it floods and gets harder to navigate. My LMG seems to be WAY more accurate than in BF3 though, and I am super happy about that. Combine that with a flip up magnifier and I was scoring headshots at a couple hundred meters.

The tablet app is for shit right now. It would never bring up the mini-map, it lags all to hell, and it won't let me launch games from it.

Waiting for my RCon layer to install so I can use Procon for admin stuff.

Actually played a bit of single player last night as well. It's not too bad. Way better than any COD I can remember. Of course, I am only playing it because it unlocks stuff in multiplayer, just like the co-op did in BF3.

I think I played a mission and a half last night before bed, haven't touched the mp yet, that mission and a half was funner than most of the prior COD titles put together imo. Visceral, exciting, the guns feel beefy, great sound effects. AI that can actually hit enemies unlike cod's fodder.

Sure the meat of a BF game is the MP but if the rest of SP plays out like the first couple missions, I'm happy with it. Game is sexy as fuck too.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo