Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

615. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:56 Prez

As far as the Second Amendment, guns rights advocates have long been operating under the erroneous assumption that "shall not be infringed" means "no law of any kind can be passed with any restriction whatsoever involving any kind of firearms". So should we all be allowed to have our own M1 Abrahams or Stinger missiles then?

It is the job of the Congress to pass laws and one major purpose of legislation is to keep the populace safe. The President has Constitutionally-granted "Presidential Power" that has come to be known as the "Executive Order"****. Presidents have been using it since Washington. These laws and orders are reviewable by the Supreme Court to see if they pass Constitutionality. The Supreme Court has in the past rendered decisions clarifying and enforcing the 2nd Amendment as is their obligation The Washington DC handgun ban they shot down comes to mind); it stands to reason that if a law or Order is passed that doesn't pass Constituional muster they will again act. This is how the system is supposed to work and how it has worked throughout history. Bottom line - all gun laws are not inherently unConstitutional despite what the gun nuts say. And I say that as an owner of several firearms myself.

**** From Wikipedia Aricle on "Executive Orders" : Although there is no constitutional provision nor statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5. Most executive orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the U.S. Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo