Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

598. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 02:38 Sepharo

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

"50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”"

They will apparently be getting "better" insurance but it will most likely cost more if they aren't eligible for subsidies. I guess the "you can keep your insurance" mostly applied to the majority of the insured who got theirs through their employers assuming their employers didn't dick them over and drop coverage to save some bucks.

It illustrates the problem of trying to pitch things using simple sound bites. "If you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan... assuming it meets all the requirements imposed by Obamacare or has not changed in any significant ways since March 23, 2010” just isn't as catchy.

edit: I've just realized that this will be considered giving Obama a pass unless I call him a name so... <shakefist> Damn that Obozo lied!

edit2: Went to look at links from Mad Max and see that he pretty much posted this same one. It was sandwiched between some other more sensationalized articles so I missed it. Credit where credit due.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2013, 02:52.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo