Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 28, 2013, 01:14 Suppa7

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 19:07:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:00:
+1, 199x to 2005 was PC gaming's golden age.

It wasn't bad, but it was a lot more niche. To me I feel the last few years has been it's pinnacle to this point. I think Digital Distribution/Indy has really added to the experience. Even though early on, Indy was alsmot all you had in the PC genre.

Pinnacle my ass, diablo 3 has SINGLE PLAYER LAG for fuck sakes. Both starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Among the biggest games on PC were the most unerwhelming sequels of all time. Gaming majorly changed by shift to console morons. The influx of low intelligent idiots really dumbed down gaming to chimp level. HOLY FUCK.

My god, you can pick up any console shooter and point out right away how Unreal 2004 or Quake 3 is superior even in 2013 for fuck sakes! That's beyond travesty.

While PC gaming has gotten 'slightly' better. Deus Ex HR wasn't too bad, I enjoy getting dark souls ported and darksiders 1 to PC. The problem is developers are just so shit now. Just lazy bastards with no skills, they can't even get fucking diablo 3 right.

While Path of exile is probably one of the first games with that oldschool PC feel in a long time it's fucking F2P!! God I hate where morons giving money to game devs doing this shit to us is taking us.

Such low intelligent people and kids now infest gaming and it sucks. They turned valve cocksucking gabe into a billionaire paying for DRM crapware that is steam. All the multiplayer functionality of what could have been decent-to-great PC games like Saints row 3 are now infested with steam crapware. Same with supreme commander 2.

This is night and day away from the awesome shit we had going on with dedicated servers back in the day with quake and UT. Custom levels, mutators, level editors, grappling hooks, Rocket Arena.

Jesus fucking christ I still get teary eyed every time I look at modern gaming desert landscape.

While there is some 'green grass' in the PC gaming desert... the kinds of shit that is now growing in the desert is mostly barely passable dumbed down console games.

There's nothing truly and fully PC about most PC games now-a-days and that sucks hardcore.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo