Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 11:35 Axis

The 'consoles saved PC article' is hilarious. The guy obviously bought into the "PC IS DYING fad the last 5 years and realizes now how stupid he sounded.

I'll take his quote since he wanted me to:

But I'd ask anyone who was gaming on the PC in 199X-2005 to think about the type of games they played, and the number of games they owned, then compare that to how they play in 2013.

We were too busy clanning in the online explosion of Quake, Tribes, UT, CS.
We were too busy MMOing in the online explosion of EQ, AO, Wow, DAOC, Diablo2.
We were too immersed by the evolving hardware like true 3d of voodoo3d, SLI, true positional audio of A3d and soundblaster.
We were too enamored by the quality and pure fun of SO MANY games that came out like Civilization, Baldurs Gate, Duke Nukem, Sims (hate to admit this one), Half Life, Dungeon Keeper, Fallout, Deus Ex, Morrowind, Starcraft, Ultima, KOTOR, Planescape, System Shock, on and on.

While consoles were starved for titles and pulling in the noobs (who had no idea how to 'PC) that would usher in an explosion of half-assed mediocre games (with an occasional gem), stifled innovation, crappy controls, locked frames, overpriced DLCS... and these consolites having mom and dad buy buy buy -- while pulling down the entire quality of gaming and expectations across all platforms up until Indies opened up more mainstream eyes and brought expectations back up, with PC leading the way.. like ALWAYS.

How's that Luke Plunkett? That's the answer for you. There is no other unless you lived under a rock.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo