Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

421. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 23:12 Wowbagger_TIP

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 17:26:
So after spending $3.2 million on the lamest ad ever (click that if you dare), Oregon still failed to enroll ONE PERSON through the Obamacare site.

Yeah, they are having problems like everyone else it seems. Definitely a mess of a rollout. But they do seem to be doing fairly well in spite of that. It'll probably be closer to the end of year before they have the problems resolved and people start signing up. After hearing about the issues, most are probably just going to wait until they hear that it's improved.

Seems like RT wants to label anyone who doesn't agree with him as some hippie liberal so that he can dismiss any argument without even considering it. I definitely don't fit the typical liberal mold, and I think that most of us that he's arguing with work in corporate jobs and are in the upper few percent of household incomes in this country. RT pretends there is no center in this country though. You either agree with the TP or you're a liberal. It's a bizarre spectrum he seems to use.

I have plenty of issues with Obama, and I don't think Obamacare is a much of a solution for our problems, but then we weren't going to get much of a solution given how Congress has been. I figure the Republicans had a good 10+ years of control of Congress and the Presidency and they didn't do much of anything (and what they did do, they didn't pay for), so we take what we can get. It's at least an improvement, technical fuckups aside.

I want people to have health care. Our current system is just the most retardedly expensive way to provide health care for people who can't afford it. Maybe Romney is ok with us picking them up in an ambulance and taking them to the emergency room, but it's just so unbelievably fucking stupid! Let them get preventative care and early treatment. Keep them healthy so they can look for work and hold down a job. It's better for everyone.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo