Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 25, 2013, 21:03 Simon Says

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 20:13:
Console Games Have Helped Save The PC.

Well, I'd say that ports of console games then made available via digital distribution "saved" the PC.

But at what price? Massive dumbization of FPS games for once. I can't recall the last FPS that was worth it post Q3A and UT tbh, especially for MP. They removed so many stuff it's mind boggling.

-Proprietary sounds for each items picked up, giving auditory clues to whereabouts. ( That's something I mastered at Q3A and it gave me a HUGE advantage )
-Complex maps.
-Health packs.
-NO FUCKING EXPANDING CROSSHAIRS.
-Maps sometimes better suited for some kind of weapons, rockets for closed environments/corridors, then sometimes for others, like rails for open world, etc.
-Choices of where to go next where of prime importance. Counterstrike then implement the "it's mostly get to the front, spray and pray the crosshair expansion is mercifull and nets you more hits than misses" gameplay. Somewhat alleviated today by the gunsights.
-Back then it was furious fast paced and you actually had to have reflexes and strategies. I can't remember how many times outsmarting my opponent while being more accurate than the other guy saved my ass because of guns reload time and some things like grenade launcher/corner flight time calculations and strike while between shots kind of thing.

Right now it's all CoD Clones crap. I can't bear to even look at someone else playing.

And that only 1 example for only FPS games... Really.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo