Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

392. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2013, 12:53 Beamer

D-Rock wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:29:
Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:20:
I certainly never said it there, but interesting that you think someone sympathizing with gays must be gay.

Then I must have misunderstood you. So why were you discriminated against in the Walgreens?

I thought you had me on ignore?

You can still see what ignored people say when you want to see a trainwreck.

Here's the topic in question:
Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 15:35:
D-Rock wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:50:
Beamer wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 17:03:
You didn't whine about it because it didn't happen every waking moment of your life

Also, I don't really see any whining anywhere other than from, in your own terms, white middle class males who feel that everyone experiences life the same way they do...

You don't know enough about me to make either of those statements.

Don't assume I've never experienced what it's like to be a minority. I lived the first 16 years of my life in a neighborhood and school where I was the minority. I've been ridiculed, called names, bullied - I do know what it's like. Instead of whining about how hard it was and that I needed special treatment, I worked hard to better myself and my environment. It wasn't fair but I didn't let that stop me.

Please add something constructive to this thread -- something that's based on what you know, not what you assume about me.

Actually, I do know it didn't happen every waking moment of your life. No white male in America has experienced more than a few moments of what it's like to be a woman or a minority. It's entirely impossible.

Yes, you were ridiculed and called names for being a minority, but what happened if you walked into the nearby Walgreen's? What happened when you applied for a job? What were the expectations for your life? Who where your role models?

This is all the major things you're missing while focusing instead on the minor issues like "no one looked like me."

I don't see a single instance of me saying those things happen to me, and I'm pretty sure at that point I'm clearly talking about something beyond just being "gay," as I doubt the security guard at a local Walgreen's sees a white guy walk in and goes "oh, he's gay, I'd better follow him around and check his receipt on the way out."

But let's not get back into your warped world view on that topic in this topic, right now it's about your reading comprehension.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo