Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

59. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 22, 2013, 07:45 Quinn

+1 on Raptor's elaboration on why the removal of manual jumping can lead to frustration.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 04:00:
Quinn wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:07:
Having issues with people somehow defending the idea of no manual jumping. It sucks as a matter of fact. No matter what excuse you make up. The major reason, that seems to be ignored indefinitely, is the fact that you can now no longer calculate a jump onto a set of boxes, for example, from a higher level up, to get a better position to either ghost past or knock out a guard.

There's no "we'll see" in this. It sucks. Period. How much the entire game will suck or not? We'll see, indeed.

You don't need to calculate a jump onto a set of boxes because the game will do it for you. As I mentioned earlier, the game uses an AC-style traversal system where the game automatically jumps for you. So, if there's a set of boxes you can jump on and you run towards it, you will automatically jump onto the set of boxes. Granted, removing the skill part of it is disappointing but you're still able to go where you want to go.

The lack of manual jumping really isn't that big of a deal if there are other systems that achieve the same results.

Jerykk, I'm not sure it's my English. Do I really suck at describing my point?

I'll give it another try...

Imagine you stand on a wall. Five meters below you there's a set of boxes, positioned 3 meters away from the wall you stand on. You want to jump onto that set of boxes, because it keeps you in the shadows / keeps you from landing on metal tiles / gets you right behind a guard for a knock-out / whatever. You, however, can't make that jump because the game won't recognize the boxes you target. If the game will let you jump automatically if you run off any edge, it might make you jump too far or too short.

If you think the game can read the player's mind, then there's no problem with it, indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo