Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

255. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2013, 02:31 jdreyer

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 22:54:
Forcing people to buy healthcare or be fined is not a tax. Call it what it is, forcing a service on US citizens, which is a direct violation of the Constitution. Calling it a tax is just a loophole and one the SC should have had the balls to slap down.

I'm so confused. I just don't know who to believe about the ACA. Should I trust thundr, who says it violates the constitution? OR should I trust the US Supreme Court, who says it doesn't? It's just so hard to know who's right.

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 22:54:
Right, like that broad in Ohio who voted what, 5? 6 times for Obama? I don't see Conservative groups intimidating voters either like the Black Panthers and similar liberal groups.

Voting is important, making sure those votes are legal should also be important, illegal immigrants are always going to vote for democrats. The simple solution would be picture ID.

This statement marks you as ignorant, stupid, or a troll, or all three.

There is no voter fraud. It is a myth. This analysis finds just ten instances between 2000 and 2012. Here's another:

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud, according to a Department of Justice study outlined during a 2006 Congressional hearing. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.
There is greater chance of being struck by lightening or bitten by a shark than voter fraud.

So, why ARE all of these Republican-led states (and it's ONLY Repub states that do this) making it harder for minorities, the poor, and the old to vote? OH, I see: it's to suppress DEMOCRATIC voters. Well, thanks for fessin' up there Phyllis:
The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that ‘early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.’
Note she's talking about attempting to exclude valid, legal, eligible voters from voting. People who might have to work on election day. People who work two jobs. People who might not have 7 hours to stand in line because Republicans arranged for there to be only two voting machines in a minority precinct.

You know you can't win outright, so you rig the system. That's not democracy; that's what Stalin and Saddam Hussein did. That's your party. That's who you support.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo